Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Indian Summer


We were blessed this weekend with a most spectacular Indian Summer.  For those of you who live in warmer climates this wonderful event is when the building chill of Fall takes a u-turn and coughs up some unexpected warmth and sunshine.  This causes all of us Northerners to put our woolie sweaters down and run, like small children, out into the sunshine to play.  I personally celebrated the 80+ degree weather by jumping in the ocean.  Something that, as a newly coastal dweller, I feel I will probably be doing far past the point in the season when it is at all reasonable.


In this time of seasonal change when all linen is leaving my closet, and all wool moving in, I am happy to see my beautiful silk stay put.  Silk is such an amazingly dynamic natural fiber.  It is stronger than steel, hypoallergenic, anti-microbial, anti-fungal, odor resistant, flame retardant, naturally temperature regulating, wicking, breathable, and dries quickly.  


Some things are too good to be seasonal.

No comments:

Post a Comment