Thursday, December 1, 2011

An Event for Advent.

Today is the first day of December.  Regardless of any belief system you may or may not have, this is a magical time of the year.  There seems to be an endless line of opportunities to bake, gift and gather.  As these are my favorite activities, I find myself feeling energized, even as I mourn the loss of more hours of sunlight every day.  Having grown up with the tradition of Christmas I find that this time of year I really enjoy all of the color that goes along with the season.  As the colors fade outside I love to see them replaced with colorful lights and blown glass (I will note that there is an active debate among my family members about colored versus clear lights).  I also find that this time brings out my inner elf.  I love to gift and create for all of the wonderful people that I am lucky enough to have in my life.

In celebration of color to stamp out the winter blues, here is my holiday shopping pick for the week.  Scarves, each of them one of a kind and signed by Carter.  All of them worthy of being hung on the wall.  Created in as many combinations as you could imagine.



No comments:

Post a Comment